As the “home” of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI), TRI has been providing training and support on the ASI since its inception. TRI deploys certified, expert trainers to your location (or is happy to host at our offices in Philadelphia) for an in-depth two-day training session on the clinical administration of ASI. Programs are trained in small groups of 10-20 trainees (1 trainer for every 10 trainees) using protocols and training materials developed by the creators of the ASI.
The agenda of this 13-hour training includes:
- An introduction to the ASI (clinical utility, research purposes, strengths and limitations),
- Question-by-question review of all ASI items including question intent, suggested probes and coding rules,
- Discussion of Composite Scoring,
- Instruction on the two-step method of Interviewer Severity Rating derivation,
- Role-plays of administration of ASI sections,
- Competency exercises measuring trainee familiarity with the instrument and coding conventions, and a
- Review of the features and functionality of the DENS ASI™ software (optional).
Each trainee receives a binder filled with a comprehensive set of materials created by the developers of the ASI, including copies of the ASI and associated manuals and publications, and a handout of the entire ASI presentation and worksheets and other practice materials. In addition, trainees receive a certificate upon completion of the training, which can be submitted for CEU/CEC credits.
Additional ASI-related training services available include:
- ASI “booster” trainings (in-person or via web conference),
- DENS ASI software training,
- NREPP-approved CASPAR training,
- Training-of-Trainers (TOT), as well as
- ASI Coding and Interviewer Certification.
Contact Meghan Love at email@example.com or toll-free at 1-866-453-9262 to discuss our training programs and services.