In TRI’s effort to reduce the devastating effects of addiction, we strive to create tools and applications that translate science into practice – and improve outcomes. Our scientists and Solutions team develop practical, time- and cost-saving tools to help clinicians:
- Conduct comprehensive, valid assessments of clients,
- Develop thorough, focused treatment plans,
- Link clients to appropriate services,
- Track clients and appropriately intervene throughout the continuum of their recovery, and
- Conduct effective individual and group therapy sessions.
It is a priority for TRI to develop tools that turn “paperwork” and required data collection into useful, high quality clinical information that can be used to evaluate and continually expand the effectiveness of counselors and programs.
- TRI distributes the DENS ASI™ software to allow programs to administer the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) in a manner that is clinically and administratively effective.
- The CASPAR-C™ software helps program staff build an agency-specific resource guide listing no- and low-cost services within the community that they can refer clients to, to address problems identified during assessment
- RecoveryTrack™ is an easy-to-use web-based system, supporting counselors’ integration of Concurrent Recovery Monitoring into outpatient treatment.
- The RoadMAP Toolkit™ helps counselors introduce Relapse Prevention techniques into group therapy with minimal training or supervision, using colorful multimedia tools developed with extensive input from counselors themselves.
- A Brief Intervention Training tool for treatment counselors and college health officials, for use with mild or moderate drug-using adolescents was also developed by TRI investigators. This six-hour multimedia CD consists of three individual sessions, and focuses on motivation enhancement strategies.